A few of the greatest IT management and strategic recommendation comes instantly from our readers, and we wish to make it simpler for them to affix in. InformationWeek accepts commentary columns from IT practitioners who wish to share new concepts, supply insights on current expertise implementations, or alternate IT management experiences that would assist not solely their friends but additionally these on a management monitor.
Right here’s a fast rundown of ceaselessly requested questions relating to tips on how to submit your column for potential publication:
The place do I ship my submission?
Ship your submissions for assessment at: [email protected]
Can I submit one thing I’ve printed elsewhere?
No. All copy for InformationWeek should be unique. It can not seem elsewhere beforehand. Nevertheless, after it has been posted on InformationWeek, you possibly can summarize the column (one or two paragraphs) on a private or company weblog and supply a hyperlink again to the complete model on InformationWeek.com.
What sort of voice ought to I write in?
Write in your voice. Carry your persona and a definite perspective. Please additionally write in energetic vs. passive voice.
How can I make my column most helpful to readers?
- Present real-world examples. The extra you possibly can draw from your individual experiences, the higher.
- Be sensible in your recommendation. How will you assist others who would possibly run into the identical drawback or errors you or your group simply solved? What are the takeaways?
- Present particular particulars as an alternative of generalities. It’s additionally at all times useful to incorporate hyperlinks and attribution.
- Be authentic. We do usually see the identical concepts come by means of. Check out our lately posted content material and inform us why your matter is recent and vital now.
- Draw out of your technical background however suppose strategically about it (don’t get slowed down within the weeds).
Do you settle for articles from IT leaders from vendor corporations?
Sure, typically, however we do reject articles that promote merchandise or traits related to their firm’s vested pursuits. We do assessment the seller web site for conflicts of curiosity/promotional messaging.
How lengthy ought to a column be?
We search for considerate opinion columns that run between 600 and 800 phrases in size.
Do I receives a commission?
No. Commentary/visitor items are unpaid.
Will you edit my submission?
We are going to copy edit the submission, however what you ship us should be readable and clear after we obtain it. If it doesn’t meet our requirements, we are going to decline the submission. We could have some follow-up questions, and we’re completely happy to debate these with the writer, after all.
How lengthy will it take to get a response to my thought or submission?
We obtain a lot of submissions; due to this fact, we will’t at all times reply to each inquiry. Please be affected person, and we’ll attempt to reply inside a few weeks. Sadly, we merely don’t have the sources to clarify why a submission will not be chosen.
Different necessities that can assist velocity the method:
- Submit your draft to [email protected] as a Phrase attachment.
- Please embrace a headline, quick abstract (two sentences), writer byline, writer bio, writer picture (bonuses: writer e-mail tackle, Twitter deal with and LinkedIn tackle).
- Ship us clear copy. Learn it out loud, put it by means of spell test, reality test. The better it’s for us to learn, the extra shortly we’ll have a solution for you.
We sit up for listening to from you. If we reject your thought this time, please be at liberty to attempt once more!